How to find a Standard?
- Go to NZ Standards Database via the Library main website - under Key Resources or from Database A - Z (check under N).
- In the database search box, type any keyword, or the standard code or name, e.g. NZS4404 or concrete construction.
- Click Go.
- In the centre pane, results of your search will appear. Find the standard you are interested in, and click on the title. A brief description of the standard will appear. Click on View PDF to access the full-text of the Standard.
Copyright Compliance Guidelines for the use of these Standards
What you CAN do as an authorized user:
- Unlimited searching and viewing of Standards included in the service.
- Print a copy of a standard for your personal use within a course of study. All hard copies must be destroyed the end of your course.
- Download and view a standard temporarily on your computer for short term use. To prevent use of outdated Standards, we recommend viewing Standards directly from your subscription service.
- Use a limited amount of content from a Standard in a document you create for internal use. Best practice is to reference the Standards organization (Standards NZ or Standards Australia and Standards NZ jointly), document number, revision status, publication date, and paragraph number.
- Add link to the database or permalink to specific Standards in Moodle *
What you CANNOT do as an authorized user:
- Further reproduce or photocopy a Standard you download or print.
- Share access to the service, or a Standard you download or print, with a third party.
- Develop a personal electronic or hardcopy library of Standards or create a derivative work from the service.
- Remove or obscure the content or any other markings on a Standard you download or print.
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on the Standards.
- Put a Standard PDF in Moodle *